Discord Link:  Anthology RP

We have changed the name of our community.  ArkSurvivalists is now known as Anthology RP.  Spread the word and spread the name!

Ace's Log

6 replies
Votes:
+66
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Admins
Website Developer
Admins
Staff
Week 1:
Woke up on a deserted island. What is this place? I didn't know what to do, but was extremely hungry. I approached a bush with some berries to help myself. Next thing I knew I was blacked out. I woke up moments later and learned my first lesson. Don't eat the black berries. I started to look at my specimen implant and realized that an interface came up. What?!
It showed stats, what looked like an inventory, and a crafting menu. A pickaxe was available. I gathered the necessary materials and crafted it. This isn't so bad. I had a thirsty desire to want to be strong, but despite all my training in the Marine core, all I had to show was tactics, not stats. I was rewritten. I need to find a way to gain this power, become stronger, and eventually find my brother in arms. Where was he now?
Posted May 24, 16 · OP · Last edited Jun 1, 16
List
Undo
Votes:
+66
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Admins
Website Developer
Admins
Staff
Week 2:
I finally managed to construct myself a raft. Still have not found my brother in arms. Although I remain mobile until he is found, I must focus on survival. Upon my traveling I found a girl. A beautiful sight, I hadn't seen a woman on the island yet. She was in trouble. I stormed the beach swinging at the Dilo that was attacking her unconscious body, and dragged her to safety aboard the raft. I nurtured her until she woke.
Her name was Crystal. A very polite young lady I found it very intriguing to carry conversation with her. She was very distant at first, but eventually learned that I was on her side. I showed her how to fight the Dilophosaurus', circling backwards with a lot of 4 attacking me. She got stubborn and lunged at them. She didn't last long. I fended off the remainder of the lot and took her back to the raft again for round 2. I reminded her that this was no dream, and that survival is important so she should be more careful. She nodded, and we continued.

Upon our travels we worked on the raft. turning it to stone was no easy task, but it had to be done. After hours of work we managed to make it feel more like home. I then decided to ask her to join my group. She said yes, but wanted to settle on land. I told her that was out of the question until I found my brethren.

I snuck up on a beaver dam. Snagged some cementing paste from it, that was such a steal! They weren't too happy though, don't blame 'em. Long as they keep building the shit Ill keep showing up. Survival of the fittest, and they keep dying. Can't kill 'em all though, then no more paste.

I had just gathered a bit of some cementing paste from this one dam and I was instantly swarmed by bugs. Without metal tools I was in no fit position to fight a swarm, so I ran. I was then met by 2 Dilos, 6 Compy's, and a few trikes who usually don't charge unless provoked. I knew that this was it, I was dead. Not if I could make it to the raft. I ran as fast as I could, scuffing down Stimberries, panting with a dry tongue. I get to where the raft was parked and I couldn't believe my eyes. Crystal was driving it. "Get down here with my Raft, Woman!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, still being chased by a plethora of death. "Dammit Woman get over here!" She couldn't hear me. So down the river I ran, praying I would find a way to survive.
I picked berries as I ran, killed Dodo's to distract the deadly dragonfly's. the Dilo's, Trike's, and Compy's were all left in the dust, but the bugs flocked heavy. I continued to run until I found myself catching my breath. Think, Think, THINK! I got it! I ran as fast as I could with what I had left and jumped in the water. The bugs veered off, and I was safe.

Kind of...

Sabertooth Salmon. Never did I know of a species of salmon that schooled ONLY when I get in the water. There were 20+ of these things, swarming me. My armor and Health is all I had to rely on during this encounter. I dragged myself through the water, slowly seeing red, hearing my heart beat, praying to make it to shore. I made it just in time, as soon as I could walk I ran up on shore and saw the 20+ fish swarm where I got out. I began to attack them from shore, as they couldn't hurt me. I sliced each and every single on of them up. I was bound and determined to kill them all after what they just put me through. Wish I could say the same about the bugs.
Oh, and guess who decided to show up as soon as the show was over.... Crystal, acting all innocent and shit. I can't hit women, thats what the fish were for. I needed a punching bag. Although somewhat adorable, I can't say I was mad for very long.

We came in contact with a nice young bunch from The Cult. A girl by the name of Strawberry helped us a lot through the next few tasks. She helped with a bird, guiding Crystal in the steps of taming whilst assisting with meat gathering. She also showed us nearby metal & crystal deposits. This was essential, and made it easier for me to complete my next few steps.

After our encounter we managed to tame a Pteranodon. We named it 'Merica, or excuse me, 'Murica. The red white & blue bird was just begging to have the abnormal name, so it stuck. I trained the bird through lifting, teaching it to carry heavy objects so that it may assist with my metal grinding. I eventually felt confident enough to take the bird on its first trip. With the lack of metal tools, I set out to gather resources to move up to the next era of survival. Bye Bye Primitive, soon at least.

As we approached the deposits I began to think about how much metal the bird could handle So I played trial & error, 150, 140, 120, 100, bingo: 90. I could carry 200+ on my own, though the bird could only handle 90 with what tools I had on my person. Before I managed to take off the bird was attacked. Bugs swarmed from all directions, and I whistled for him to fly. He could not. I lunged towards the bugs and redirected them, the bird at near death. I killed 8 of them, with 2 focussed on the bird. I hopped on the bird and tried to fly off, but he was poisoned. The bird had no stamina to take flight. I force fed him meat shouting "Hang ing there!!". Just then 3 Dilo's came from out of the bushes and attacked the bird. I hopped off and attacked them, blinded by the poison. I lunged through what I could see and picked off each one of them.
I ran back to the bird and began to force feed again. He was almost out of meat, I had to act faster! I jumped off the bird and turned around sharply, drawing the attention of the remaining two bugs. I threw a spear at one, knocking the toughest bug out of the sky, mounted the bird and yelled "GO!". He darted forward for about 20 yards then fell, I jumped off and fought off the last bug. It was over. We were okay.

I took him back with the first of the metal run, built my metal tools, and never had an encounter like that again.

I met many people throughout the week. Kind people, some of which helped me with resources. Tom from the Sanctuary guild gave me fertilizer to get the Species X Plants started on the raft. What a help!
Crystal became faint through the evening and played down to rest. I didn't sleep, I was too busy focusing on the task at hand; I was not going to sleep until this raft was entirely metal. All of it. The entire 3x3x2, with a 1x2x2 extension. Wow, what a job.

I finally did it! After 4 continuous hours of work I managed to get it together. The raft is complete, and I even painted it black! Who knew Narcoberries could be used to make paint? The boat comes off as intimidating if I do say so myself. Maybe not by architecture, it's mostly the black. But, it gets the job done. The bird is guarded by 4 plants, the raft is made of metal. My objective for the day is now complete, so that I may rest.
Posted Jun 1, 16 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+66
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Admins
Website Developer
Admins
Staff
Week 3:
I approached a bronto today with intention to tame. Shot him a few times and the boy went down. On a raft. Stuck.... I killed it and tried with another one.

I found my brother. Finally, after searching for skwhat seemed like weeks I saw a flare pop from one of the northern tropical islands. I went to investigate and it was Control! I was so happy to see him, but no time slot sentimates, we went straight into the grind.
In a matter of 5 hours we devised a blueprint for the corporate building, and renounced the current tribe name. From here we call ourselves the Company. We built 28 metal foundations and 68 metal walls in an hour and a half, tamed a bronto along with it. We also built a new raft with a smithy transport as well as an indoor farm.
By the end of tomorrow, our plan will be complete. We need 252 walls to complete the structure, and that's just the start of it. But the work will not stop until the corporate building is complete. That is the priority.
Survival of the fittest.
Posted Jun 3, 16 · OP · Last edited Jun 3, 16
List
Undo
Votes:
+66
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Admins
Website Developer
Admins
Staff
Week 3.1
Grind. Grind.. Grind!!!!! All day long my brother and I grinder, and crystal too. Nothing but metal. The corporate project mustn't be abandoned nor stalled! Before long we would have our industrial building up and running, ready for action!

A few notes worth jotting though. We got our pin started with kibble. I built a raft perfect for taming scorpions and we brough 9 of them back when we were done. (Yes, we tamed 9 scorpions on a single raft. Call me crazy.)
Aside from that, we managed to find a mysterious pyramid floating upside down. I wasn't able to crack the code, but I knew that someday I would.

The building is priority. After an estimated total of 270 metal walls, a metal behemoth gate & frame with an additional 28 metal foundations, totaling a massive 12,000 metal ingots (24,000 raw metal), we finally got it done. Now for the final aspects of our plans. To build, and to defend. This is the ultimate survival method. To do whatever it takes to stay alive, even if it means extreme fortification.
So it will be soon, known as The Company. We will sell to those who wish to trade, and befriend those we wish to befriend. This black market cooperation will work in the shadows, our location will only be known upon searching. Don't come too close, because we won't be able to help you. Use your brains. You know the range of a low set turret. If you don't, stay away.

All in good time. Survival of the fittest!
Posted Jun 5, 16 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+66
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Admins
Website Developer
Admins
Staff
I'll keep it brief because we've been working nonstop. The building is halfway up, we need more metal. We decided last second to expand from a 7x7 to a 13x9. Don't ask me why, but it's done.
We tamed a quetzal today. Wasn't easy dropping but it was worth it! Also grabbed a few monkeys and a phiomia for fertilizer production.
We tamed an Argy right after killing an alpha. We saw a level 15 Argy nearby after dropping and alpha and tamed it in half an hour!
After a long grind, we came across one of our fellow partners. He was searching for a trade, and we worked it out. 60 metals walls for 44 scorpion eggs. Sounds unfair? Not for us. 60 walls was a 5-10 minute grind if we had the spirit for it. It put a damper on our production for the corporate building but it was definitely worth it.
We later that evening tamed a very old Rex, and it is powerful.
As I search the island for more treasures and qwerks, I realize I gain more and more knowledge. I finally have learned to craft underwater scuba gear. And soon, everything else to benefit us.
Posted Jun 6, 16 · OP
Votes:
+66
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Admins
Website Developer
Admins
Staff
Week... Something...
Lot's of time has passed since my last recording. Our base is still unfinished, but has turned into that of a more, 'difficult' task. What was going to be 7x7x12 is now going to be 9x13x12, with an additional 9x9x20 add-on. *sigh*. Work is work, but the corporate building will be finished in time.

The radio station is very successful. 1055 The Outlaw has been a huge success and a great addition to our company, and the island as a whole. It's been a very blurry road ahead as far as making it possible to obtain this music and whatnot, however I manage. I've been learning to manipulate the implant to my advantage. Seems at my current rate, I may be able to compose a specific global network for the inhabitants of the island to connect and communicate. It may be difficult, but I think I'm close. Would need to figure out how to implement it to everyone though... Maybe I'll work with the mailman and see If I can see everyone's implant when they apply for a PO Box. We will see, I'm just jumping the gun.

Crystal has been acting weird again recently, finding ways to knock my ass out so she can run the radio. This woman... Although cute, I can't say that I agree with what she's doing as far as taking action without asking. It could of caused the station to malfunction. I suppose she just got lucky.

I may try to start something with her. It's been on my mind. I can't say exactly how I can go about this though because she is distant when it comes to relations. She never wants to talk about it. I heard rumors that she slipped up on the radio and called me cute while I was knocked out. I'm not cute... But, it could mean something good for me in the long run if she feels that way. Guess we'll just see how it goes.

We have much to do, I don't need to say much more. Going to take a nap, which is all I even can get on this island, and go on my way with the grind. Sure hope everything works out for the best. That'd be nice.
Posted Jun 22, 16 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+66
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Admins
Website Developer
Admins
Staff
I just recovered this log, it's been what feels like years. I've, done nothing but debunk the scientists' plot, and consistently run into issues. I've constantly been blocked and affected by this shit.. Best I can say is now, I'm on a single island in the middle of fucking nowhere, water everywhere and little islands near. I'm going to work on a raft to set sail one of these days and check out the other sites. No record of any other beings still. I'm all alone... Again.
Posted May 6, 18 · OP

Group Legend:     Owner     Head of Staff     Web Developer     Admin     Donator     Interview Staff

NoticeNotices